Category Ashley's Blog
Happy Thanksgiving Day!!!
As Thanksgiving approaches, we thought you would like some Thanksgiving trivia. Here are some fun facts about the first Thanksgiving:
- The first Thanksgiving celebration lasted three days.
- The pilgrims did not use forks, instead they ate with spoons, knives, and their fingers.
- The first Thanksgiving day was celebrated at Plymouth Massachusetts.
- The pilgrims sailed to America on the Mayflower.
- The Plymouth pilgrims were the first to celebrate Thanksgiving.
- The Wampanoag Indians were the people who taught the Pilgrims how to cultivate the land.
- Gov. William Bradford was the Pilgrim leader who organized the first Thanksgiving feast in 1621. He invited the neighboring Wampanoag Indians to the feast.
- Foods not found at the first Thanksgiving feast table: mashed potatoes, pumpkin pies, popcorn, milk, corn on the cob, and cranberries.
- Foods thought to have made up the first Thanksgiving feast: dried fruits, lobster, rabbit, chicken, fish, squashes, beans, chestnuts, hickory nuts, onions, leeks, maple syrup and honey, good cheese, cabbage, carrots, eggs, and radishes.
Hope your Thanksgiving Feast is full of your favorites…